Prometheus occasionally devotes a whole issue to a single theme (papers from a conference, for instance) and also invites proposals for thematic issues on specific topics. In such cases, an organiser familiar with the papers and their authors works as guest editor in close collaboration with a Prometheus editor. This helps ensure a balance between coverage of the theme and peer review of individual papers. Peer review of special issue papers follows the same procedure as peer review of research papers and is just as rigorous.
Recent special issue topics include:
- Innovation in China
- Traditional knowledge, innovation and intellectual property rights
- Innovation and the futility of patent policy
- Examining the Triple Helix
- Revisiting Mode 2 learning
- Innovation in the world’s wine industry